It’s more multi-topic mayhem on another edition of the world-famous FLASH ROUND! Join Jeff, Shawn, Aaron, and special guest host Marc Lapierre of The SuperFogeys as they each bring a few geek culture discussion points to the League round table, and try to “flash” through as many as possible in an hour. This month’s topics include:
- The Sony Hack — Can we move on from this already? Plus some Spider-Man/Marvel situation and the possibility of Idris Elba playing James Bond.
- Which older geek movies do you wish would have gotten a sequel (or sequels), but never did?
- Matthew Vaughn’s recent dig at Christopher Nolan, and his belief that audiences are trending away from dark and gritty superhero escapism.
- Is Star Wars: The Force Awakens going to have too dark a tone for the general public?
- What actors do you wish would have been cast as movie superheroes instead of who actually ended up in the roles?
As always, you can listen to the LeagueCast right here in your browser, download the MP3 file, or check out the show and subscribe to the podcast in the iTunes store. We welcome your comments and suggestions here in the comment section below, or via our NEW email address: GLAFanMail@gmail.com!
All music used for review purposes
Theme music by Jeremy Simonich.
Additional music by Kevin MacLeod.
You can now also listen to the show on Stitcher Radio and the Stitcher mobile app!